FOLLOWING THE WAY OF JESUS
Our shared hope is to follow the way of Jesus. We want our lives to reflect the vision, values, and practices of Jesus: the way he aligned his life to God, to the family of God, and to the kingdom of God, is the life we want to imitate. Together we want to take two months to ask if we followed Jesus in Denver in 2015, what would shape his life? What would he celebrate that was reflecting the heart of God, what would he confront that kept us distracted and distanced from the love of God? Our hope is that this series will provide clarity to what we mean when we say, “We are Together Following the Way of Jesus”.
Find a place to be still.
Set a timer for 5 minutes.
Recite 2 statements, slowly:
“There is nothing I can do to make God love me more.”
“There is nothing I can do to make God love me less.”
1. Select a Gospel or the Psalms.
2. READ 1 chapter 3 times slowly.
3. REFLECT on a word or phrase that jumps out at you.
4. RECORD a few thoughts on why it is significant.
5. REST in the presence of Christ.
“The only door into anything meaningful in our life is trust.” Fr. Vince Hovley S.J.
1. Where can I risk to begin to build trust?
2. Who can I choose be vulnerable to build trust?
3. Where can I choose to be faithful and generous?
4. What does meaningful intimacy and trust look like for me?
We are a community following the way of Jesus. Together we are being changed by God and joining God in changing the world. We meet every Tuesday to create a sacred place to reorient our hearts and reorder our lives. At TNL you are accepted just as you are. If you are new to TNL please fill out an Info Card on Tuesday or contact us with any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.